Monday, November 22, 2010

Who I am ~ Who am I?

So for a while I have been trying to answer the question of Who am I.  For the first 38 years of my life I had myself to be responsible for.  With the exception of my doggie Casey ~ it was just me.  I worked full time ~ most weeks as a bookkeeper, office manager, tax preparer etc.   Spent a lot of time in school ~ I am really good at being a student.  Kept trying to find my niche ~ that thing that would fulfill me ~ the job of all jobs.  Needless to say I am still looking.

On September 9, 2009 that all changed.  I became Emma's mommy.  I am now a semi-stay-at-home-mom~most weeks I work 4 hours at the office. I am no longer in school.  My days are filled with the constant drone of Nick Jr. in the background. And although I love and cherish every moment I get to spend with my sweet baby girl, I feel I have lost myself somewhere along the way.  Being out almost everyday to being home almost everyday has been quiet a change. 

So... I am trying to find balance ~ between being Emma's mommy and just being Melissa.  Because just being Melissa makes me better at being Emma's mommy.  So this is where I am in my journey ~ trying to figure out Who I am. Any suggestions on how to do this? 

No comments:

Post a Comment