Monday, January 31, 2011

learning!!

Learning is a never ending process.  Seems everyday I learn something new.  Somedays it's a OMG moment and other days it's something so simple that if I blink I may miss it. And then there are the lessons that we learn over and over and over.....The major one I am learning now (for the millionth time) is that I can only change ME!!!  No matter how much you wish or try or ask or beg or (insert any word here) you will never be able to make someone be who you wish them to be.  We are all individuals and we all act how we feel is appropriate. Now how you respond may be totally different than how I do but this does not make your reaction wrong ~ it is just different than mine.  And although it is perfectly fine for us all to be different ~ man would this world be boring if we all agreed on everything~ sometimes we need certain things from the people in our lives.  And sometimes the people in our lives are not capable of providing us with what we need.  And although we wish and try and ask and beg...it is just never going to be.  So the lesson I  am working on is to not waste my energy being angry with someone who is not doing what I want them to do.  I am capable of doing it myself.  Anger wasted on others is energy not used for me or Emma ~ which is wasted energy for sure. 

So I will continue to learn every day!!  Knowledge is power!! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment